I think it's so funny to watch the teen fads come in and out. For years, Emily fought against my rule that she needed to be 14 years old before she could read or watch any of the Twilight series. Like the "you're ruining my life-I'm the only person in the whole school who hasn't read them" kind of tantrums. and now, low and behold, Twilight isn't cool anymore. In fact, Emily actually came home the other day and said, "I'm so glad you didn't let me read Twilight, because it's so cool to be able to say I never read them."
you're welcome.
We watched most of the Twilight movies over Christmas vacation together, but she was laughing and making fun of it the entire time. Which totally ruined it for me, because I LOVE Twilight. She laughed so hard when I told her about the Relief Society Twilight parties we'd have in Tokyo. good times. :)
Of course now it's all about Glee and Walking Dead, shows she is not allowed to watch. ever. and I hear the same "I'm the only person in the world who doesn't watch Glee" speech all the time. I tried to use the Twilight example to show her that in a few years, Glee won't be popular anymore and she'll be glad she didn't watch it. She didn't like that very much. Actually, she looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language to her.
And of course, I'm sure in a few years she might be teased for her One Direction obsession/shrine in her room. Fun times with a teenager.
3 comments:
This is so funny!!!!!! I love it. I was the last person in the world to read Harry Potter, but I admit I loved saying, "I've never read it." But, I became so curious I gave in and thank goodness I did because it really is a work of genius. Love,
Shauna xoxoxo
Oh I watched Glee for some time and then I just thought is is plain boring. And I just felt they go too crazy about the gay topic. And the songs never sound real, like they have robots who make the music. It is not bad overall, they have nice topics too. Anyway tell her she is not missing anything. :)
That is fantastic. And I have to admit, I would have been laughing with her at the movies, because as much as I enjoyed the books, I think the movies are ridiculous :).
Post a Comment