Friday, January 31, 2014

middle school is awesome


ready for the superbowl!  Trent is in the middle of the one, about 1/3 of the way up.  Emily, not pictured.
 
I LOVE our middle school!  Today I was at school passing out rootbeer floats to kids who got a 3.5 GPA or higher for the last trimester.  of course, my kids got one, because they are smartie pants, but the amazing thing was that more than 2/3 of the school got one, too.   We passed out floats to about 540 students, and there are around 800 total. 
 
And then, they were passing out bulldog awards, a monthly award, where each teacher awards one student because of their going above and beyond, and Trent's name was called!  He was so excited.  This is the principal giving him his award.  She is young, energetic and loves the kids.

 
 
I am so glad that both my kids, so far, have had amazing middle school experiences.  No bad or scary things have happened.  The teachers are amazing.  Emily is going to Disneyland in May with her choir class.  on an airplane!  She's so excited.
 
I know that's not always the case.  I have a friend who recently started homeschooling her kids to avoid middle school. which is not a good reason to homeschool, in my opinion.  Although I know there are plenty of good reasons to homeschool.   She said, "my middle school years were the worst.  It was horrible.  why would I want to put my kids through that."  I felt bad for her!!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

This is so great Jill!!! I'm so glad you and your kids have had positive experiences so far. Just wonderful. Congrats to both. Love,
Shauna xoxo

Lisa Brown said...

What a great school!! How much fun, especially because middle school can be a rotten time of life.