This Christmas I made Jacob his own Berenstain Bears quilt, with a stack of Berenstain Bear books wrapped inside it. I love that the pictures on the fabric are straight from the books. This quilt took me 9 months to make. so long that Jacob is actually phasing out of Berenstain Bears and more into Magic Tree House right now, but that's okay. He really loved it, and he's my baby.
I started this quilt last spring, after Jacob got the flu and we spent an entire day lying in bed reading all our Berenstain Bear books. a few days later I found a BB fabric pack at the quilt store and bought it, thinking I could make a quilt for his summer birthday coming up. but that didn't happen and it got pushed to Christmas. I was working on the binding at midnight Christmas Eve. Right after an emergency trip to Walgreens because Ryan and I realized that we had no candy at all for the stockings. We both thought the other person had taken care of that. thank goodness for Walgreens.
striped flannel on the back
and look at this gorgeous wall hanging my mother in law made us for Christmas!!! I love the Japanese fabric. It's beautiful. It was such a sweet surprise. I had no idea she'd been working on this.
Here the kids are all ready for church in their new clothes! I love the patches on the boys' sweaters from my mom. (not homemade, but so cute, I wanted to throw this picture in!) Emily's skirt is Dr. Who fabric. I don't sew clothes, but I was able to find someone who could sew it for me and we designed it together. so I'm including this in my homemade gifts post!

No comments:
Post a Comment