Friday, July 8, 2016

BYU EFY



 This year both Emily and Trent went to EFY down in Provo at BYU.  They loved it and Emily said it was her best year yet.  (this was her third year and Trent's first)

highlights:
  • running into each other.  with 1700 kids, divided into three groups, and Emily and Trent in different groups, they didn't think they would see each other at all, but they bumped into each other several times.
a text Emily sent me...

getting to touch an original Book of Mormon

  • Emily finally got instagram.  she was the only one in her group who didn't have it so I caved in...in contrast, Trent was the only kid in his group with no phone, or any social media at all.  so baby steps for me.  

  • Trent roomed with his best friend from Tokyo, that he hadn't seen in 6 years.  They now live in Utah.

  • Brave Emily went alone, and ended up loving her roommate and group and made a lot of friends.  She loved being in the older 16/17 age group.
  • Trent stayed in the exact spot my old dorm DT-S Hall used to be.  It has since been torn down and rebuilt into this beautiful building!
  • meeting up with my sister Lynne for ice cream
  • discovering a case of Cactus Cooler in the BYU creamery.  the boys favorite drink that is hard to find.



  • running into a girl from our homeward who was an EFY counselor. and then having her text these pictures to her mom who sent them to me.  We love the Warren family!




funny story--Trent was feeling nervous on the first day, so while waiting in line for something he pulled out his rubic's cube and started working on it by himself.  The counselor came up and said, "hey that's so cool!  Can I try?"  When Trent gave her the toy, the counselor put it in her pocket and said, "go talk to people!"

I LOVE EFY--it's the highlight of the summer.  I actually still keep in touch with a friend I made at EFY when I was 15.  I love that they come home on an EFY high--giving awesome FHE lessons, and both kids have been setting their alarms, waking up early to read their scriptures.   



No comments: