Sunday, July 10, 2016

Dinosaur land

While the kids were at EFY, we went with Ryan's parents to Vernal, Utah, aka, Dinosaur Land.  It was awesome!  In 2 days, we visited the museum, wall of bones, and did 3 hikes.  (I did 2 of them and stayed in the car for the third one b/c of my knee).  It was a little strange to only have one child for the week.  get ready for a lot of pictures of Jacob!

Jacob had been using my phone all week to text Emily and I laughed when I found this on my phone, from Jacob to Emily.

  Emily, look what I just climbed.  I almost died.  It was 2 miles long of steep climbing.  Most of it was so scary.  I am exhausted.  what are you doing right now?


Petroglyphs were so cool!







this hike was long and hard and we thought we were on a loop and would be back to the parking lot any minute.  Then we came to the "Trail End"  sign and knew we had to turn around and go back.


finished just in time before a thunderstorm rolled in. 

Utah Field House of Natural History State Park Museum.  that's a mouthful!






Wall of Bones




can you find the neck and head?



Jake participated in the junior ranger program. and learned to walk like a dinosaur



Moonshine Arch-who says you have to go to Moab to see an arch?





vernal temple

No comments: