Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas Eve/Day

Getting to celebrate Christmas with family was such a treat for us this year. We had a wonderful time visiting both our families and it was one of our best Christmas's ever!

We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with Ryan's parents in Utah. We acted out the nativity.

I have no idea what Trent is thinking about in this pic, but it's so rare to capture an innocent look on his face I had to put this in.



Jacob really wanted Santa to have green dinosaur sugar cookies.


Christmas morning--the only thing Emily wanted for Christmas was books!! and she got a ton of them. I know you're thinking, why didn't you just get her a kindle? b/c she doesn't want a kindle! She loves the actual feel of a book and building up a library in her room. And what you also can't see, is a makeup bag full of make up. Now that she's 12, that was our way of saying, you're allowed to start wearing a little bit of make up. Although we're still trying to figure out what defines"a little".




the boys got bey blades--the good ones. Hell Kerbics, Gravity Perseus, Basalt Horogium, and a few others. They played for hours.







the present I thought would be really cool and actually turned out to be really stupid. we thought the pieces were too small, plastic and cheap.


the present Santa brought for the kids and should have given to Ryan--Perplexus. if you like puzzles, crosswords or sudoku this is the thing for you. Ryan played it for hours on Christmas day until he finally completed it and then handed it back over to the kids.


For daddy and Trent--the pinewood derby is 4 weeks from today. bring it on!



Christmas day, just after church. Does everyone notice how lovely Emily's hair looks in loose curls? For Christmas she gave me coupons that said I could do her hair however I wanted. but at the bottoms, they all said, "VOID on a school day" no problem. She's all mine every Sunday.



and then a few days later, we headed up to Idaho to have Christmas all over again with my parents! and my mom gave me this quilt! I lOVE it. isn't it so pretty? Thanks mom! my favorite present, besides you watching the kids while we were in NYC.



oh the fun he's had with this one...



mother/daughter TOMS. We seriously, love these shoes. and my mom is so funny wrapping presents. the package said, To: Jill, From: TOM. and I was thinking? Tom? who's this present from? I don't know a Tom? Funny, mom!



Costco blueberry muffin French Toast. So yummy. Slice a Costco Blueberry muffin into 4 slices and cook like regular French Toast. Try it. you'll love it. Like, really, really, love it.



quick! take my picture before we head off to the hospital!



has anyone tried the fake snow in test tubes where you just add water? so fun.



Trent and many adults in the house worked on this puzzle for a few days


2 comments:

Sean and Katelin Bringhurst said...

Jill oh my gosh that is so funny about your present from tom haha your mom cracks me up all the time! I love Emily's hair curled it looks so beautiful she is getting so grown up!! Glad things are going good for you and your cute family!

Lisa Brown said...

Emily is a girl after my own heart!! She needs to start a goodreads account and friend me :). And I am like her - I want a real book to hold in my hands and put on my shelf :).