Sunday, April 7, 2013

Fuji-Q

I am almost done with my huge project of creating a shutterfly book (digital scrapbook) for 2011 and 2012.  I came across these photos of a family trip to Fuji-Q, back in Japan.  about two weeks before the earthquake, and I realized I never blogged about it.  It's fun to see how little the kids looked.  Trent, especially looks young to me.  He is now almost as tall as me.  This was about 2 years ago.  
 

Fuji Q is a roller coaster amusement park right off the freeway, at the base of Mount Fuji.  Our kids had been begging us to go for years.  Every fall, we would drive by it on our way to the annual ward Fuji campout.  We would always say, "someday...before we move back to the US, we'll go."  I'm so glad we checked this off our to-do list in February, because everything changed for us a few weeks later.   The kids, basically had the time of their lives.  It's a great amusement park!







 I have no idea what this was.  a little random, don't you think?


 
And then we walked around the corner and realized they had a man made sledding hill, with real snow!  We weren't prepared for snow, but went anyways.  super fun!
 




There was the cutest Thomas the Train Land, where Jake and I hung out while Ryan took the kids on the bigger roller coasters.  so cute for anyone who loves Thomas.  an entire Thomas land with tons of rides.  Jake loved it.






1 comment:

Shauna said...

I love it!! The picture of you and Jake atop the sled hill is so great!! He reminds of Shane a little bit.

I love the last post too. I love the kids picture and you and Emily look beautiful.

I love the dress on you. You look the same, beautiful as usual. Love you Jill,

Shauna xo