I've been thinking a lot about the temple lately. We recently had a stake conference that was essentially, all about temples. every single talk. especially kids and temples. They talked about how parents should be teaching their kids about temples, every child should have a picture of a temple in their bedroom, and parents should take their children to the temple grounds as often as possible. That last one surprised me. We live 20 minutes from the Seattle temple, but have never taken the kids over there because there isn't a visitor's center, no Christmas lights in December, and it has small temple grounds. Usually, I just point it out on the freeway as we drive by. "There's the temple on the right! Everyone look out the window." Then the April Friend came in the mail, and it's all about temples!!
So, since we are on spring break, we took a little trip over to the temple and walked around and took pictures. It was really nice. except Jake cannot take a normal picture. He is so funny. I am going to have to come up with a serious bribe for family pictures this summer.
It was pouring rain all day and I had packed up umbrellas and rain jackets to walk around in the rain, and just as we got there, the rain stopped and blue skies came out!
We, at one point, had 6 different frozen yogurt stores within 20 minutes of our home. Two have closed down, so I guess we'll have to get by with just four stores. We are on a quest to try all of them and pick the best. This is what I keep in my purse at all times! After the temple, we stopped by the last frozen yogurt store we haven't tried yet, Menchies. It was really good, but I still don't understand how people can say one store has better yogurt than another. I have 2 die hard friends, who swear that Menchies is the best and they will only go to Menchies. When you always get vanilla (sometimes cake batter if I'm feeling adventurous) and smother it with Reeses pb cups and hot fudge, it all tastes the same!!
1 comment:
Yes! We love taking the kids to the temple. Jill you and Ryan should take Emily to do baptisms. We take Kalen every other month and we go on the others, just us two. We are going tonight, just us two.
I love frozen yogurt. I know what you mean about those die hards too. I'm happy with just about any frozen yogurt place. Love you and happy weekend,
Shauna
Post a Comment