Trent and Ryan have just returned from a three day 5th grade camp! They came home dirty and exhausted but had so much fun. When we moved here, I could not believe our school had a 5th grade camp. These kids are only 10 and 11years old, and they are gone for 3 days!! Way too long to be away from home. I wasn't very excited about it, until Ryan decided to go as a chaperone and take three days off of work. They were on the Puget Sound, and did lots of team building activities, wall climbing, canoeing, beach combing, games in the forest etc. For their cabin skit--they performed Trent's favorite cub scout skit--JC Penney.
The best thing was sunshine and warm weather the entire time!! what a blessing. They would have been miserable in the rain.
All the boys in the cabin wrote thank you letters to Ryan and the other dad in charge of this group. One boy said, "Thank you being my cabin leader. even though you snored." HA HA HA!!
1 comment:
I'm doing two days for fourth-grade outdoor school this week.
Post a Comment