Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Emily for president

Emily came home one day a few weeks ago and announced, "I'm running for student body president!"  just like that.  I had no idea she was even thinking about it.  I love her confidence and enthusiasm.  She is so much braver than I was in middle school. Our middle school is grades 6-8 and next year, Emily will be in 8th grade.  She immediately started making lists of ideas on how to make school more fun.  ideas ranging from a One Direction Love Day, to duct taping the principal to the wall to making a school lip dub video. 


the campaigning party--which consisted of a lot of pizza and trampoline time and a little poster making. 


This is campaigning week, with the speeches and voting happening next Tuesday.   There are 5 girls running.  win or lose, she's having fun and learned a lot.  I'm glad she was brave enough to run and it's been a good experience for her.  Good Luck Emily!!


ps-- her harry styles/1D posters were my favorite!!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Jill this is so great. Good for Emily, she is so confident, I love it. I can't wait to hear if she wins, but I agree, it doesn't matter she is having the best time, I bet. Love you guys!

Shauna xoxox

Shauna said...

How did I miss the running post? What? I have no idea? That is so great!!! I can't believe the color in your hair? It actually looks really good, like it was done on purpose, so funny. That is so funny that Emily was embarassed. Aren't we cool moms? Love you,

Shauna xoxo