Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy New Year!!

I have spent the last month unplugged.  My Christmas present to myself.  No facebook. no blogging.  Only checking my email once or twice a day instead of everytime I walk by the computer.   It was really nice.  and now I'm back. Tuesday is our anniversary.  14 years!!
                                     ice skating at Seven Peaks in Utah

Since I didn't do Christmas cards this year (sorry, everyone!)  Here's  a quick 2012 recap.

Mid May -  buy our first home

two weeks later - get laid off





STRESS!!




MORE STRESS!!




LOTS OF STRESS!!





Week before Christmas,  get 3 job offers (1 in Chicago and 2 in Seattle) and accept a job--in Seattle on December 22.

That pretty much sums it up!  We are excited that we are not moving!  We also want to thank everyone who knew about our situation (we didn't tell very many people) for all your prayers and support.  Ryan is looking forward to switching to corporate instead of public accounting, which he's done since we graduated from BYU.

Thinking more about the year...

Emily broke her arm and turned 13

Trent earned his webelos and fell in love with baseball

Jake started first grade and lost his first tooth

had visitors twice--Ryan's parents and my brother Jeff and Jeff

Made the trip to Utah and Idaho twice (summer and Christmas)

explored the Seattle area during the summer, lots of hiking and berry picking--it's beautiful up here! 

Here's to a new year!  I usually don't do resolutions, or the popular my word for the year, idea. But as I've read through a few friends blogs, discussing their "one little word" to focus on, a few words stood out to me...

Play--this year I'd like to play more!  be more fun.  have more fun. 

Serve/appreciate-- we 've had so many acts of service and kind things done for our family recently.  This year, I hope to be able to pay it forward.

Cultivate-- friends, our home.  We had been in Seattle less than a year when Ryan got laid off.  We knew another move was very possible and I think because I always had that in the back of my mind, I didn't try as hard as I could to make friends, explore the area or try to feel like this is "home."

I think this is going to be an exciting, great year!!

1 comment:

Lisa Brown said...

So sorry that you had to go through the stress of the no job situation, and I am so happy that everything ended up working out.