Wednesday, December 4, 2013

a thanksgiving with no pictures

it was a quiet Thanksgiving with no pictures, but here's how our weekend went.

  • a manly weekend for the boys.  Archery on Thursday morning and rifle shooting on Friday.  Trent prefers archery and Jake loves the guns.  Ryan recently got Jake his own mini rifle that's the perfect size for him.  He loves it.

  • Wednesday night all the Mia Maids came over to our home for a pie night.  It was a crazy night with more girls showing up than expected and Ryan making an emergency trip to the grocery store for me but I survived.  post coming soon on this.

  • Emily and I painted the family room!  I had a Whidbey Island family fun day all mapped out for us, but it was raining and cold Friday and Saturday so we stayed home and painted instead.  Someday we'll make it to Whidbey Island!!!

  • went to our friend's house for Thanksgiving dinner.  we had 9 pies and 17 people.  it was fantastic.   right after pie, Trent threw up!  we left quickly.  Trent was fine after that and no one else got it,  must have been something he ate.  or maybe too much pie?

  • Emily got all my Christmas cards addressed in one day.  Love having a 14 year old who thinks addressing Christmas cards is fun!

  • got our Christmas tree, and Ryan and I put the lights up on the house.  at 11 pm in the rain after the kids had gone to bed. 

  • Sunday was going to be the decorate the tree day, but we realized we only had enough lights for half the tree and no hooks for the ornaments.  Never decorate your tree on a Sunday!!  because then you can't go to the store and you will have disappointed kids.  also realized our stockings were gone!  They are either lost or I don't remember throwing them away.  disappointed kids again. 

  • Monday--lots of shopping for me,  stockings, lights, hooks etc.

but now all our Christmas stuff is up!  and my parents are coming this weekend to visit, since we are staying here in Seattle for Christmas. 

sneak peak of what we're doing this weekend--Christmas Ships!  I guess this post has a picture after all.

credit:  David McNew/Getty Images

No comments: