Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas 2013


We say this every year, but it was an awesome Christmas this year!  Our first Christmas in Seattle. On the 23rd, we hosted a neighborhood party with 5 families coming over.  Emily was the oldest of 16 kids and when everyone left she said, "I'm exhausted!  I'm definitely never having more than three kids!" On the 24th, we saw Frozen.  Loved it!  We spent Christmas Eve at a family in our ward's house, which was really fun.

Christmas day was quiet and relaxing.  We did a five way Skype with my sister, Lynne, who is on a mission and all my siblings and parents.  

 
Ryan gave me this giant family portrait for the wall.  But it was much bigger than both of us had expected.  It's so huge we don't even know where we're going to put it!

 
The big presents this year were mountain bikes for the boys and bookshelves for Emily's room.

 

 
 
Emily had a very Dr. Who, 1D, Harry Potter themed Christmas.  She knew every question in her Scene It Harry Potter game we played later that day. 
 
This is a cardboard cut out of the 11th doctor from Dr. Who.  Before we came downstairs on Christmas morning,  Jake peeked over the stairway ledge and saw this cardboard cut out.  but in the dark it looks like a person standing there. Jake ran into my room, shouting, "Trent went downstairs!  He's looking at all the presents!"  Trent was really, still asleep.
 
 
Jake's Christmas was filled with things like Disney Infinity, bey blades, and a giant Russell Wilson canvas, which he kept trying to carry around the house and take outside to show his friends.
 


Trent is in that awkward 11 year old phase where he's too big for most toys.  So he ended up with interesting things like zombie bowling, a plasma ball and an Air Hunterz cross bow.






2 comments:

Shauna said...

Love all of the pictures. Looks like a very magical Christmas. I'm sorry for not commenting as much, I've been unusually busy with surprise events like planning weddings. :) I'm sending our Christmas cards out tomorrow. Sorry so late. I loved your card though, it is a great picture of all of you. Love to you and yours,

Shauna xooxoxoxoxxoxo

Lisa Brown said...

I finally got caught up on your blog :). I love the family picture, even if it is huge ;). And the "damn sled" story was awesome.